Welcome to Go-HEP
go-hep is a set of libraries and applications allowing High Energy Physicists to write efficient analysis code in the Go programming language.
Go brings the fast edit-compile-run cycle that interpreted language users know and the runtime efficiency that compiled languages users expect.
go-hep provides the needed
HEP oriented packages on top of this concurrency-enabled language.
go-hep currently sports the following packages:
- go-hep.org/x/hep/brio: a toolkit to generate serialization code
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fads: a fast detector simulation toolkit
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fastjet: a jet clustering algorithms package (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fit: a fitting function toolkit (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fmom: a 4-vectors library
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fwk: a concurrency-enabled framework
- go-hep.org/x/hep/hbook: histograms and n-tuples (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/hplot: interactive plotting (WIP)
HepMCin pure Go (EDM + I/O)
HEPparticle data table
- go-hep.org/x/hep/lcio: read/write support for
LCIOevent data model
- go-hep.org/x/hep/lhef: Les Houches Event File format
go-heprecord oriented I/O
- go-hep.org/x/hep/rootio: a pure Go package to for ROOT I/O (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/sio: basic, low-level, serial I/O used by
SUSYLes Houches Accord I/O
- go-hep.org/x/hep/xrootd: XRootD client in pure Go
- go-hep.org/x/cgo/croot: bindings to a subset of ROOT I/O
go-hep packages are installable via the
go get command:
$ go get go-hep.org/x/hep/fads
Just select the package you are interested in and
go get will take care of fetching, building and installing it, as well as its dependencies, recursively.
go-hep is available on all Go supported platforms, mainly:
go-hep code is released under a BSD-3 license.
Authors and Contributors
Support or Contact
Having trouble with
Check out the documentation:
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you sort it out.
The main mailing list for
go-hep is hosted on googlegroups.
You can subscribe to the forum without having a
GMail account, by just sending a mail to email@example.com with
subscribe as a subject.