Welcome to Go-HEP
Go-HEP is a set of libraries and applications allowing physicists from High Energy Physicis (HEP) to write efficient analysis code in the Go programming language.
Go brings the fast edit-compile-run cycle that interpreted language users know and the runtime efficiency that compiled languages users expect.
Go-HEP provides the needed
HEP oriented packages on top of this concurrency-enabled language.
Go-HEP currently sports the following packages:
- go-hep.org/x/hep/brio: a toolkit to generate serialization code
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fads: a fast detector simulation toolkit
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fastjet: a jet clustering algorithms package (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fit: a fitting function toolkit (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fmom: a 4-vectors library
- go-hep.org/x/hep/fwk: a concurrency-enabled framework
- go-hep.org/x/hep/groot: a pure Go package for ROOT I/O (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/hbook: histograms and n-tuples (WIP)
- go-hep.org/x/hep/hplot: interactive plotting (WIP)
HepMCin pure Go (EDM + I/O)
HEPparticle data table
- go-hep.org/x/hep/lcio: read/write support for
LCIOevent data model
- go-hep.org/x/hep/lhef: Les Houches Event File format
go-heprecord oriented I/O
- go-hep.org/x/hep/sio: basic, low-level, serial I/O used by
SUSYLes Houches Accord I/O
- go-hep.org/x/hep/xrootd: XRootD client in pure Go
- go-hep.org/x/cgo/croot: bindings to a subset of ROOT I/O
Writing analyses in HEP involves many steps and one needs a few tools to successfully carry out such an endeavour. But – at minima – one needs to be able to read (and possibly write) ROOT files to be able to interoperate with the rest of the HEP community or to insert one’s work into an already existing analysis pipeline.
Go-HEP provides this necessary interoperability layer, in the Go programming language. This allows physicists to leverage the great concurrency primitives of Go, together with the surrounding tooling and software engineering ecosystem of Go, to implement physics analyses.
Go-HEP packages are installable via the
go get command:
$ go get go-hep.org/x/hep/fads
Just select the package you are interested in and
go get will take care of fetching, building and installing it, as well as its dependencies, recursively.
go-hep is available on all Go supported platforms, mainly:
go-hep code is released under a BSD-3 license.
Authors and Contributors
Support or Contact
Having trouble with
Check out the documentation:
You can also contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help you sort it out.
The main mailing list for
go-hep is hosted on googlegroups.
You can subscribe to the forum without having a
GMail account, by just sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
subscribe as a subject.